OKBET Badminton BWF World Championship
Discover the major things to look out for on the first day of the badminton BWF World Championships on Monday, August 22, 2022.
The 27th OKBET Badminton BWF World Championships in badminton are just around the corner.
The 2022 OKBET Badminton BWF World Championship will be held in Tokyo, Japan, only eight months after the previous world champions were crowned. Over 350 players from 47 nations will participate in five events in the Japanese capital: men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles, and mixed doubles.
Competition begins on Monday (22 August 2022) with every round-of-64 match in men’s singles, as well as certain round-of-48 matches in the other four events. Except for the men’s singles, the top seeds have got byes to the second round in all tournaments.
Defending men’s champion Loh Kean Yew, Olympic champion Viktor Axelsen, Anthony Ginting of Indonesia, and Chou Tien-chen of Chinese Taipei are among the top men’s names in play on Monday.
Jonatan Christie and Lee Zii Jia will compete on Court 2, while China’s Shi Yuqi returns from a national team ban and will compete on Court 4. The men’s round-of-32 matches will be played across two days on Tuesday and Wednesday, with the victors from Monday’s action advancing on OKBET Badminton BWF World Championship.
Day 1 schedule – OKBET BADMINTON BWF World Championships 2022 – Monday, August 22
The following matchups have been chosen. The complete schedule for all 62 matches over four courts can be seen here. MS is for men’s singles, WS stands for women’s singles, MD stands for men’s doubles, WD stands for women’s doubles, and XD stands for mixed doubles.
- WD – Aminath Nabeeha Abdul Razzaq / Fathimath Nabaaha Abdul Razzaq (MDV) against Ashwini Poppana / N. Sikki Reddy (9am session) (IND)
- MS – Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (INA) against Ygor Coelho, 9 a.m. (BRA)
- MS – Chou Tien-chen (TPE) against B. Sai Praneeth, 9am session (IND)
- Match 6, starting at 11 a.m.: Viktor Axelsen (DEN) against Liew Daren (MS) (MAS)
- Match 9, starting at 11 a.m.: Lakshya Sen versus Hans-Kristian Solbeg Vittinghus (DEN) (IND)
- MS – Nishimoto Kenta (JPN) against Anders Antonsen (NOT BEFORE 2PM) (DEN)
- Match 12, no later than 2 p.m.: Lino Muoz (MEX) against Momota Kento (MS) (JPN)
- Match 15, Venue & Time TBD: Loh Kean Yew vs. MS – Pablo Abian (ESP) (SGP)
- MS – Chico Aura Dwi Wardoyo (INA) against Ng Tze Yong (9am session) (MAS)
- WS – Kirsty Gilmour (SCO) vs Gregoria Mariska Tunjung, 9 a.m. (INA)
- Match 5, starting at 11 a.m.: Jonatan Christie (INA) against Toma Junior Popov (MS) (FRA)
- Match 8, starting at 11 a.m.: Tommy Sugiarto (INA) against Kunlavut Vitidsarn (MS) (THA)
- Match 9, starting at 11 a.m.: Ng Ka Long Angus against MS – Heo Kwang Hee (INA) (HKG)
- Match 11, no later than 2 p.m.: Brice Leverdez (FRA) against Lee Zii Jia (MS) (MAS)
- Match 12, no later than 2 p.m.: Hee Yong Kai Terry / Loh Kean Hean versus Christo Popov / Toma Junior Popov (FRA) (SGP)
- MS – Luka Wraber (AUT) versus H.S. Prannoy, Court & Time TBA (IND)
- MS – Nhat Nguyen (IRL) against Kidambi Srikanth, Court & Time TBA, Match 15 (IND)
- MS – Tsuneyama Kanta (JPN) against Sitthikorn Thammasin (9:15am session) (THA)
- Match 5, starting at 11 a.m.: Rasmus Gemke (DEN) against Kalle Koljonen (MS) (FIN)
- Match 6, starting at 11 a.m.: Malvika Bansod (IND) versus Line Christophersen (WS) (DEN)
- MS – Shi Yuqi (CHN) versus Ade Resky Dwicahyo, not before 11 a.m. (AZE)
- MS – Niluka Karunaratne (SRI) against Kevin Cordón, not before 2 p.m. (GUA)
How to Watch the BWF World Championships in 2022
Various television and internet live streaming rights holders will broadcast the competition in various regions and territories across the globe at OKBET BWF World Championships.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, and Slovenia are among the countries represented. ArenaSport
- Ceska televise, Czech Republic
- TV2 in Denmark
- France: L’Équipe Chaine
- Deutschland: SportDeutschland
- MTVA is Hungarian television.
- Ziggo Sport from the Netherlands
- Polsat, Poland Sport
- JOJ Sport, Slovakia
- BT Sport in the United Kingdom and Ireland
BesTV, YouSports, Zhibo.tv, Youku, CCTV, CNTV are all available in China.
Chinese ELTA, Taipei
Hong Kong. China, Mongolia, and the Philippines SPOTV through cable providers in Singapore (and, in Hong Kong China and Singapore, SPOTVNOW)
Viacom18, Sports18, and Voot Select in India
SPOTV through cable companies, MNCTV, Telkom Indonesia, SPOTVNOW are all available in Indonesia.
Japan: Asahi TV, J Sports (delayed coverage only on J Sports)
SPOTV in Korea
Macau TDM, SPOTV through cable providers in China
Astro and RTM in Malaysia
Thailand has True Sport, SPOTV via cable providers, and SPOTVNOW.
- South Africa: StarTimes Central America
- South America, and
- the Caribbean: STAR+
The Championships are also available in selected areas not stated above on the bwf.tv YouTube channel. They will also be accessible on Olympic Channel through Olympics.com, with geographical limitations. If you can’t locate a screen, be sure to follow our live blog on Olympics.com and @olympics on social media to keep up with all the results and news from the OKBET Badminton World Championships 2022.
What steps should you take if you want to bet but aren’t sure where to go or how to play the games? If you go to the OKBET Esports, you will be able to find any extra information that you require.